Saratoga Chimney Sweep specializes in chimney cleanings and inspections, dryer vent cleaning, and gas fireplace cleaning. We are certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America and are Nation Fireplace Institute certified gas specialist. We are always continuing our education.
Our Inspections consist of a level I or II Inspection according to the National Fire Protection Agency (NPPA).
- The level I inspection is the most common and includes inspecting readily accessible areas of your chimney, verifying that the venting system is sound and clear of combustibles, confirm unobstructed flue, appliance clearances to combustibles, general condition of appliance, chimney or vent and connector suitability, and chimney or vent and connector clearances.
We recommend level II inspections whenever there is a chimney fire, new appliance installed, and before purchasing a home, This requires everything from level I including a thorough internal inspection of the flue with a chimney camera.
Most of our cleanings occur from the inside and are done with a high-powered furnace vacuum keeping your home soot and dust free. Drop cloths are placed in front of the fireplace or stove and your firebox and chimney are scrubbed and swept with professional brushes. Some cleanings are done from the top of the chimney for particularly difficult dampers or wood stoves.
Chimney Cleanings help:
- Reduce the risk of chimney fires
- Increases longevity of chimney and appliance
- Reduce indoor air pollution
- Increases efficiency of appliance which saves you fuel costs
Dryer Vent Cleaning:
Clothes dryer fires are one the leading causes of house fires in America. Dryer vent cleaning reduces the drying time for your clothes and avoids potential house fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. Our equipment removes the build-up of lint and other debris from the dryer vent. We also clean in the hard to reach places below your lint trap. We have instruments that will measure the output of your vent before and after we clean. This will show you the expected performance boost your swept dryer vent will have.
Dryer Vent Cleanings Help:
- Reduce the risk of Clothes Dryer fires
- Reduce the risk of CO poisoning
- Save money on your energy bill
- Clothes are dried faster
Gas Fireplace Cleaning:
All manufacturers of gas fireplaces recommend in their owners manual to have the appliance serviced annually by a NFI certified gas specialist. These appliances may burn much cleaner than wood fireplaces, but indoor dust and hair can clog burners and orifices creating a much dirtier burn. There are also many safety features on a gas fireplace that protect the owner and the home incase there is a malfunction. We go through a checklist of all these safety features while we clean the unit.
Gas Fireplace Cleanings Help:
- Prevent and reduce CO poisoning
- Check and repair valuable safety features
- Increase energy efficiency
- Prevent costly indoor sooting
Installing Screened Caps:
We offer stainless steel screened caps for masonry and metal chimneys. All stainless steel models will not rust and come with lifetime guarantee.
A chimney cap will:
- Extends life of chimney by keeping rain out of the flue
- Helps keep odor down from your fireplace during hot, damp weather
- Prevents rust and deterioration of your damper door and firebox
- Keeps animals out
- Discourages down drafts
- Captures sparks
And many others, including:
Video Chimney Inspection
Wood stove install and servicing
Gas fireplace install, servicing, and repairs
Replace damaged refractory panels in fireplaces
Glazed Creosote Removal
Top Seal Damper install
Repointing and small masonry work
Smoking and Draft Problems
Chimney Weather proofing
Heat shield resurfacing
And many more. Just give us a call!